SOOO remember a while back when I was going to help a friend clean out her closet? Well, it all begin when my coworker Liz asked me to sort though her closet to clear some clothes before her move. Liz, who has impeccable taste, was also struggling with some pieces she was not sure how to wear. I showed up on a Sunday, camera in hand to see what I could come up with, and we both could not be more stoked with the results!
Here was our process:
- Liz sifted through her clothes, pulling out items she doesn’t wear.
- We chucked all highschool leftovers, anything ill fitting and questionable tube tops.
- From there I started peicing together outfits and snapping pics so Liz could remember what we came up with. By the end I was throwing on her clothes and accessories to see what would actually work.
Last week Liz wore a couple of the outfit and looked A-Mazing.
A couple pearls of wisdom I shared with her:
- Add belts to emphasis your waist and break up a pattern
- Wear a tank under or shirt over dresses that are too dressy/revealing for work
- Balance you accessories. ie pair a statement necklace with small studs instead of huge earrings, let one piece stand out.
Liz’s response: “I’ve always been the kind of girl to throw on a dress and some earrings and shoes and have that be that. Jenni really showed me how to use what I have to fully accessorize an outfit and add more layers to it. Sounds cliché, but I learned A LOT–and had so much fun at the same time! The reaction from my friends and coworkers has been great–everyone loves my “Jenni creations”!