Remember where I wore this dress here a while back?
Well, here is the DIY I promised.
What you need: Dye (with Rit or Dylon will work, I purchased at Hobby Lobby) Rubber bands, Salt, String, Gloves and a Bucket
1. Take any white cotton clothing you have laying around.
2. Deside where you want the stripes and tie a rubberband around the area. Then wrap string tightly around the rubberband. Wrap more string if you want the band of white thicker.
– Add dye to a 1/4 bucket of water, add salt and stir till diluted
– Add clothing item and stir every 5 min for 30 minutes
– After 30 min, remove from bucket and rinse in sink until water runs clear
3. Take off string and rubber bands and let air dry. Make sure to hand wash, bc dye may come out on other clothes in the washer.